1 Getting started
Consult the User's Guide for information on using the wiki software.
2 Basic configuration
2.1 Access keys
Btw. you can set access keys to edit and save pages etc. Depending on your browser, ctrl-e and ctrl-s save pages. In some browsers you can modify this to use a different modifier key. If you set your modifier key to be ctrl-shift (i.e. ctrl-shift-e and ctrl-shift-s to edit and save), then you can still use ctrl-e and ctrl-a to go to the beginning and end of pages.
Because the wiki is very low traffic at the moment, you might want to turn the following email options on.
In "Preferences > User profile > Email" select the following:
- E-mail me when a page I'm watching is changed
- E-mail me when my user talk page is changed
- E-mail me also for minor edits of pages
- Enable e-mail from other users
In "Preference > Watchlist" set
- Add pages I create to my watchlist
- Add pages I edit to my watchlist
You'll then get emails when pages you've edited are changing.
To make wiki pages easier to navigate, in "Preferences > Misc" you might want to select:
- Auto-number headings
- Show table of contents (for pages with more than 3 headings)
3 Offline viewing
As an insentive for contribution, I think we need to have facilities for offline viewing and downloading. To this end, Administrator is hoping to install
- pdf generation (done, see Collections example)
- offline viewing facility. (It would be nice if you could modify the wiki offline, and the synchronise your changes, but that's harder. All of the technical side is discussed further on the About this wiki page, while practicalities will appear here when available.)