Information about Special:Collection.
A great extension, that is actively being developed by pediapress.
Could do with more documentation., cf. this post, and
1 Some tips
Really Template:Saved_book (which is automatically added to collection pages) should have links for generating pdfs etc added automatially. Looking through the code we find
will load the collection. A bit more digging (also on the Searching the google group for 'one click') also suggests a way of generating a pdf with one click:
So a couple of templates:
- Template:LoadBook (explanations included with template)
- Template:MakePdf (explanations included with template)
Examples for "single click" pdf and odt generation: MediaWiki:Books/HCPT.
Update: The German wikipedia has got such a template: http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vorlage:Gespeichertes_Buch.
2 Issues, problems, feature requests
2.1 Current Issues
- Spurious rows in tables. Collection/tables: When this table is printed, spurious <tr> are inserted (presumably due to the length of the cell). For single column tables, the formatting is not preserved.
- Reported here: http://groups.google.com/group/mwlib/browse_thread/thread/5fabba8602015a4f#
- ... and fixed the same day! Great stuff!
2.2 Resolved issues
- Chapter headings (inserted with ";" in book definition) are missing:
- SkinMonoBook::getTitle() causes fatal error
- issues - problem with <blockquote>
- Submitted to mailing list, see here http://groups.google.com/group/mwlib/browse_thread/thread/f1849c37e91ad141
- Fix to propagate within a few days: Should work for <blockquote><div><i></i></div></blockquote>, but won't work for background colours.
- FIXED (Bjoern 16:49, 18 April 2009 (UTC)), see issues.
- issue1 - problem when a page is transcluded into a book chapter and also appears as part of the book definition
- FIXED (Bjoern 11:47, 19 April 2009 (UTC)), possibly since http://groups.google.com/group/mwlib/browse_thread/thread/8dcb009eedfaf8a5
- issue2 - problem with transcluding pages from alternative namespaces (known, open bug)
- WORKAROUND: If transcluding pages from alternative namespaces, include leading ":", see issue2.
- issue3 obsolete - this was the same as issue2.
- issue4 - book title not printed if there is no space between "==" and the title.
- WORKAROUND: Be sure to leave spaces.
- FIXED: Turns out it affected the Extension, now fixed: see here. If you update your extension code from svn, you'll have the fix.
- A curl timeout issue? http://groups.google.com/group/mwlib/browse_thread/thread/d9fd37c7112be0b9
- This disappeared a while back.
-  thread about pdf article names
-  thread about images
2.3 Feature requests
- Numbered chapters, and numbered headings within chapters.
- A way of 'boxing' text, i.e. a div with a border or different background color.
- Customised front page (particularly further lines of text, or use of the central part of the page, say for an image)
2.3.2 Implemented feature requests
- Table of contents - a table of contents is now produced automatically!
- _mwlib: http://code.pediapress.com/wiki/wiki/mwlib
- _`PediaPress GmbH`: http://pediapress.com/
- _`Wikimedia Foundation`: http://wikimediafoundation.org/
- _`Commonwealth of Learning`: http://www.col.org/
- _`MediaWiki API`: http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/API